If you’re missing teeth, smiling is not easy. It’s a known fact that our smile is one of the first things other people notice about us. And so, when a tooth is missing, smiling, talking, and exerting confidence can be much easier said than done. We fear that other people will judge us when a tooth is gone and so often, a missing tooth also causes us to dislike our own appearance.
No matter why you’re missing a tooth, a dental implant is a missing tooth solution that can brighten up your smile and instantly improve your confidence better than other replacement tooth options. With a 97% success rate, the implants procedure is one that works for almost every patient, delivering a myriad of benefits in the process. There are few risks associated with the procedure and it’s available for patients of all ages who are ready to love their smile again as long as you make sure to work with a trusted dentist like the ones you can find at St. Helens Dentist. Does that describe you?
If you’re ready to put a confident smile on your face again, learn why dental implants could provide the key to your confidence with the seven facts below.
1. Dental implants look and feel more like real teeth than other replacement options! It’s easier to smile with confidence and happiness when an implant replaces your lost tooth since there is no worry that it will fall out of your mouth or that other people will know that it is fake by simply looking at your smile. No one will ever know that your tooth isn’t natural if you don’t divulge the information. The implant is attached to the jaw bone using a titanium screw where it becomes a permanent part of your mouth, preventing jawbone and facial deterioration.
2. When there is space between the teeth where a tooth or teeth should be, it may cause problems with your speech. The missing slot in the mouth causes air to suck in between the teeth. It also prevents the tongue from properly curving, so it may not be easy to pronounce certain words, especially those that end in an “S”. If you experience speech problems, you may fear that others will notice and it’s quite possible they will, further causing embarrassment. Fear not when an implants dentist is around to provide a safe replacement tooth solution that eliminates this worry.
3. After 30 years of clinical research, implants are a trustworthy missing tooth replacement option that you can trust to improve your oral health and beautiful smile. Although popularity has considerably increased over the past few years, implants have been around, proven safe and effective for anyone missing one or more teeth from their mouth. Most people are good candidates for an implant, although the dentist will provide a consultation to make sure.
4. Some tooth replacement options are there simply to serve their purpose of covering an empty space in your mouth. They’re not appealing, comfortable, and usually come with a boatload of restrictions that make it hard to live your life or enjoy the activities that you love the most. Rather than miss out on life due to these type of minuscule problems, choose implants to replace your missing teeth. Implants don’t restrict you in any way so you’ll never miss out on life’s most enjoyable events. You can enjoy the foods that you want, the activities that you love, and do it all with complete confidence.
5. Discomfort isn’t something that you should experience simply to enjoy a smile after you’ve lost a tooth. Unfortunately, many people find that some of the replacement tooth options cause them extreme discomfort that doesn’t get any better as time progresses as their dentist promised. A dental implant, however, doesn’t cause any pain or discomfort for its user. From the start, implants are pain-free and easy-to-wear in your mouth. Most patients use implants forget the tooth isn’t natural after a few weeks!
6. Missing a tooth or teeth is embarrassing in itself, but removing dentures or partial plates from your mouth is the worst. Imagine the need to pull out your dentures when you are in public! It is a horrific thought, just as the thought of putting your ‘teeth’ in a cup of solution to soak overnight or in order to eat a meal is disheartening for many people. Rather than face that embarrassing task several times per day, why not use implants instead?
7. Take care of your implants and they’ll take care of you. With proper care, implants can last for decades. Since you care for implants in the same manner as you care for natural teeth, i.e. brushing and flossing twice per day and visiting the dentist every six months, it’s easy to keep them looking great for many years to come as well as in great condition so you always have a reason to smile. Implants last considerably longer than other tooth replacement options.
A dental implant can change the way that you smile and the way that you feel about yourself forever.
The seven perks listed here only begin to break the surface to detail the many that you’ll enjoy. Implants make it easy to love your smile, even when you’ve lost a natural tooth or two. Talk to the dental professionals at Dent Essential in Richmond to learn more about dental implants and the many ways they’ll improve your gorgeous smile.