Hamburg in one of the coolest cities in the world, hands down. It is the proud hub of youth, culture and tourism for a myriad of reasons. With so many things to experience and activities to take part in, Hamburg will leave a permanent mark in your memory. In this article, we are going to explore how this medieval Hanseatic port grew into a modern-day bustling commercial center, how adrenaline-fuelled bachelors love to spend their final single days here, and even how the Beatles came to be.
Stag do holiday in Hamburg
An epic stag do getaway in Hamburg is just a few clicks away these days. There are many agencies and travel tours offering an all-out bachelor bonanza, where fellas can indulge in their appetites, discover the city’s landmarks and hidden gems, and, of course, party like kings. A good example of one of the best nightclubs is Herzblut on St. Pauli, which translates to Heart’s Blood in English. Situated in Reeperbahn, it is a unique combination of a fancy club restaurant and a late-night cocktail bar. You start off with one of their delicious meals, which is accompanied by an exotic cocktail specialty. And when guests are all fed and ready to party, the dance floor is open for anyone eager to bust some moves.
Hamburg has some of the coolest clubs and bars that can make your nightlife experience unforgettable. Apart from late-night clubs in the shopping center, there are luxurious privilege clubs, which are highly decorated with historic memorabilia and architectural marvels. Take for instance, Le Lion Bar de Paris… This club is all about class, elegance, and high-end celebrations. The Lion Bar opens its doors to anyone who wants to absorb the unique party atmosphere and take a sip of some of the best cocktails available.
But if you want to visit a true underground club that will certainly suit your stag do aspirations, Molotow located at west end of Reeperbahn should be your target. Hamburg is also a festival hotspot, especially when it comes to electronic and rock music. Stadtpark open-air concert should definitely be on your must-visit list and for those who like to enjoy musical class and brilliance, head on down to the Elbjazz Festival in June. In July, Schlagermove parade performs in Harbour area and brings over half a million people in all sorts of festive colors. Or if you have heard of the legendary Reeperbahn festival in September, well, let’s just say that this is one of the reasons why Hamburg is one of the top European stag do destinations to date.
Fascinating facts about Hamburg
- Hamburg has island Neuwerk in the north sea close to the Cuxhaven, that is about 100km west of the city, which can be reached on foot during a low tide.
- It is said that Hamburg has launched the Beatles’ career. This is where they honed their live performance skills, which ultimately caught the attention of Brian Epstein – their manager.
- About 8% or 62km2 of the total area of Hamburg is covered by water.
- The newly built opera house has attracted 7 million people so far and represents a symbol of unity of the modern times and the past.
- Hamburg has an expanding miniature railway wonderland that attracts swarms of tourists each year. It enables you to explore small-scale versions of countries and natural landmarks, such as Italy, the Alps, the US, and Scandinavia.
- There are rolling libraries in greater Hamburg, as well as second-hand book collections in buses. You can use them for free and return them to one of the buses for others to enjoy.
- During WWII, around 3000 prostitutes were working in the infamous Herbertstrasse where female visitors were prohibited unless they were on a specific tour. Today, most of these ladies migrated from Nazi Germany.
- While in Hamburg, don’t forget to walk around the City Harbor and check out the magnificent museum ship. That is one bustling tourist attraction, which displays the well-preserved remains of the nation’s naval history.
- You will be able to climb on a three-masted barque called Rickmer Rickmers and enjoy the panoramic view of the city. Because the platform is about 35 meters above the water level and a bit challenging to reach, it is advised to be escorted by a tour guide.
- Hamburg houses the world largest port warehouse Speicherstadt, which attracts numerous people from different parts of the world. It has been included in UNESCO’s World Heritage Site so you can only guess how pristine this historic site is.
- Hamburg has a prettiest Nikolaifleet canal that has more to offer than Amsterdam that attract many people.
- Hamburg has an immensely popular red light district located around Reeperbahn near St. Pauli. It is seedy, sinful, teeming with activity, and it is all legal, safe, and closely monitored by the government.
Hamburg is packing! It is filled with all sorts of engaging activities that attract the youth, music lovers, artists, adventurers, business people, and all sorts of profiles. Pay Hamburg a visit for the best and memorable moment you will never forget! From bustling nightlife with rich programs to architectural and cultural splendor, you will be able to entertain yourself to the fullest here. Book your plane tickets and accommodations, and see for yourself why Hamburg never ceases to amaze!