When a person does not feel as well as they could because of digestive problems, nothing seems right. How can a person feel better? Will a change in diet help? Is there a medication that can ease the discomfort? As with many health problems, the answer to feeling better might be a combination of things. Feeling better might involve a change in diet, quitting bad habits like smoking and drinking too much, and getting more exercise. There might also be medications or food supplements that will help get the digestive track back in balance.
Helping the Digestive Tract With a Food Supplement
When a person’s digestive system is out of balance, it can affect the whole body, the immune system, and other health issues. But, how does a person get their digestive system back in balance, and what is involved in a balanced digestive system? There needs to be a good balance of bacteria in a person’s gut for everything to work correctly.
A good balance of bacteria in the gut can help reduce weight gain, improve the immune system, avoid depression, and improve the body’s overall health. But, how can one make sure their gut has a good balance of bacteria? A good start is improving your diet so that it includes more whole, unprocessed foods, less sugar, and fewer artificial ingredients.
In addition to improving the diet, a person can get a good gut supplement from Terra Origin. The right supplement can make a substantial difference in improving how our digestive system performs. This supplement comes in powder form and is designed to be taken every day. There are other supplements available, and a person can look into all of them and choose the one they think will be best for them.
When comparing gut health supplements, look for these ingredients.
- Glutamine and N-Acetyl Glucosamine to help repair and build the intestinal tract. The body often does not make enough of these amino acids.
- Licorice Root Extract to help repair the stomach lining, reduce stress, and provide immune-boosting properties.
- Slippery Elm Bark Powder stimulates the digestive tract nerves to help produce protective mucus.
- Marshmallow Root Powder helps reduce stomach inflammation and protects the throat from acid reflux.
- MSM or Methylsulffonylmethane is found in plants and animals, and it can reduce inflammation and help the immune system.
- Zinc is an important trace element that helps with over 100 enzymes and balances the intestinal lining.
These and other natural ingredients in the right combination can help improve gut health and the health of the whole digestive system. A good supplement can be an important part of a campaign to achieve better digestive system health.
What Are the Different Possible Digestive Problems?
The digestive system is complicated and has many parts where things can go wrong. It starts at the mouth and continues through the body to the rectum. The digestive system is meant to help the body absorb needed nutrients and get rid of waste materials. There are many types of digestive problems including the following.
- Chronic constipation is a problem with the colon getting rid of waste materials. The stool is often hard and painful to pass. Getting plenty of fiber, water, and exercise can help.
- Food Intolerances. The digestive system can’t tolerate some foods. This only affects digestion. Some symptoms include bloating, cramps, gas, diarrhea, heartburn, headaches, irritability, and vomiting. Celiac disease is an autoimmune disease that is a type of food intolerance.
- Gerd or heartburn can be an occasional thing with many adults, or it can be more frequent and require medical attention. Its symptoms include chest pain, acid reflux, dry cough, sore throat, sour taste in one’s mouth, and swallowing problems.
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease or IBD can take the form of Crohn’s disease affecting the small intestine and colon or ulcerative colitis which affects just the colon.
- Stomach ulcers are open sores that form on the inside lining of a person’s stomach or the upper part of the small intestine.
- Cancer can occur anywhere along the digestive system.
- Pancreatitis is the inflammation of the pancreas and can be acute or chronic.
Depending on the severity of these conditions, the person suffering from them may need to seek a doctor’s help.
Digestive Diseases Affect the Whole Body
The digestive system is comprised of the liver, gastronomical tract, pancreas, and gall bladder and has an important function in the body. It breaks down liquids and foods to their basic components, including proteins, fats, and carbohydrates. The body absorbs these nutrients and uses them to build or repair cells and organs in the body. Parts of the food that are not used by the body are turned into waste that is excreted.
When the digestive system does not function well, a person can feel abdominal pain, indigestion, bloating, and other uncomfortable symptoms. They will not be getting all the needed nutrients from the foods they eat which can be detrimental to one’s health and wellbeing. Improper digestion can affect the immune system, leaving a person open to a whole range of health problems.
Steps a Person Can Take to Improve Digestive Health
A person can take a few steps on their own to improve digestive health. The first is to see a gastroenterologist regularly to get digestive problems diagnosed and treated. This specialist can also recommend lifestyle and dietary changes to improve digestive health. Some steps they might recommend include:
- Drinking plenty of water to be well-hydrated
- Eating more fresh fruits and vegetables and eat them raw as often as possible
- Avoiding artificial sweeteners and over-processed foods because they have too many chemicals that can interfere with the digestive process
- Not smoking and avoiding drinking too much alcohol
In addition to healthier eating habits, it may help to take a gut-health food supplement. A food supplement might make up for a less than perfect diet and contribute to a healthier digestive system for better overall health. Discuss all these options with your medical professional.