The nipple piercing trend is all the rage these days. Many celebrities like Kristen Stewart, Rihanna, Kendall Jenner, and Amber Rose have been inspiring other actresses to follow this fashion. Well, nipple piercings aren’t only confined Hollywood bigwigs, there are many women who have been flaunting their nipples like a rockstar.
If you too want to flaunt your nipples, think no more and get a piercing right away. Now you might be thinking of how to choose nipple piercing jewelry. With so many options styles, material, size and threading available, it can be quite tricky to select a particular jewelry piece. To help you out, I have come up with our nipple jewelry guide. It will let you choose the right nipple jewelry hassle-free.
- Choosing the Material: Knowing the material of a nipple piercing jewelry is very important especially if you have metal allergies or skin sensitivities. Most of the jewelry shops offer nipple jewelry in titanium, PTFE, gold, niobium, and surgical stainless steel. PTFE, which is also known as BioFlex or BioPlast is completely hypoallergenic. Other safe options are titanium and surgical steel.
- Threading: Threading is a factor to consider if you decide to adorn your nipples with barbells. External threading isn’t ideal for a nipple piercing as compared to internal threading. Internal threads are bored into the nipple jewelry shafts. This, in turn, leaves the uneven swirl of external threading on the ends that screw into the shafts that are internally-threaded. That means the wearer will have smooth shafts to insert into their nipple piercing, eventually offering isolation to their sensitive nipples.
- Choosing the Right Size: If you have got a new nipple piercing, choose jewelry that is extra long. If your barbell rings aren’t quite long and your nipple swells, it could result in the balls being pressed into your skin. An internally-threaded surgical steel or titanium barbell that is a bit longer than your nipple is an ideal starter nipple piercing jewelry.
- Selecting the Style: When it comes to selecting the style of nipple jewelry, there are a wide variety of options to choose from. They are:
- Straight Barbells – Straight barbell nipple jewelry is the most practical piece of nipple jewelry. You can go for a simple barbell or choose ends with colors. For a simple yet classy look, getting a pearl straight barbell would be the perfect decision.
- Nipple Shields – A nipple shield can be a fun addition to your body jewelry collection. Buy shields with intricate designs to impart a unique and artistic look to your nipple piercing.
- Nipple Rings: Nipple piercing rings are worn by both men and women. No matter whether you want a captive, seamless or segment ring, there are a variety of designs available in this nipple jewelry. Gold clicker rings that come with colored gemstones are perfect to achieve the look of a colorful and gorgeous nipple piercing.
- Circular & Bent Barbells: Another practical option to embellish your nipple perforation! Go for a diamond & gold circular barbell to add sophistication to your piercing. You can also decide to achieve a gem-encrusted look by selecting barbells with gemstones.