White leather sofa cleanse and maintenance have always prevented households from getting an elegant and luxury area in your room. If you are desperate for this kind of sofa, you must be very careful. The leather material, together with the white color, is not something you can wipe down just with a wet cloth. Besides, cleaning too harshly will ruin the leather material. As leather is porous, it is more vulnerable than other materials, in spite of the fact that it is durable. Therefore, when cleaning, being gentle is a must. Besides, applying some cleaning tips, as following, can help you maintain the white leather sofa better.
White leather sofa cleaning tips
Before you start bringing the beauty back to your white leather sofa with a cleaning product, you have to test it first. This is considerably important. Remember to test the cleaning product on a small portion which is not easily noticed. There are some types of cleaning products that can cause discoloration and damages to your lovely sofa. So, testing is needed to ensure whether this cleaning product is suitable for your sofa and avoid possible damages.
If everything is fine and the small area is clean without any damages or discoloration, the cleaning product is usable. Then use a mild body wash with a soft, clean and damp cloth to rub the leather sofa. Do it in a circular motion with gentle pressure. Circular motion will help the white leather sofa to be easily clean than the normal motion like straight. Don’t do it too harshly to avoid a mass of bubbles and don’t make the leather sofa too wet. Both of them could affect the durability of your sofa. Instead, keeping the sofa damp and moist is suggested.
In case the soft cloth is soiled, you should rinse it and then re-apply the washing product. After that, using a clean and damp cloth to wipe the area that you have done the cleanse before budding it with a clean, dry cloth. Don’t let it wet or damp because the leather material is more vulnerable in this situation, thus, lowering the durability of the leather sofa.
In case there are still stains on the white leather sofa when you cleansing it with gentle pressure, try rubbing the stain with a soft cloth which is dipped in non-acetone nail polish remover. Before doing so, make sure that you have tested the solution in a small area before applying it in a mass area. This will prevent the leather sofa from possible damages and discoloration caused by acetone nail polish remover.
Cleansing stains on a white leather sofa
There are additional tips may be useful when you need to clean stains on the white leather sofa:
- Mould and mildew: The mould and mildew are easily noticeable on a white leather sofa, making it look dirty and old. If you need to clean the mould and mildew, the cleaning solution should be the combination of water and rubbing alcohol (equal amount).
- For permanent marker stains: These permanent marker stains on the white leather sofa can be completely removed by spraying an aerosol hairspray on them. If they are stains made by a ballpoint pen, you can rub them with eucalyptus oil. In case eucalyptus oil is not available in your kitchen, using some alcohol to replace is also a good idea to clean ink stains. Prepare a cotton swab, dip it in rubbing alcohol and rub the stains on the white leather sofa.
- Some usable cleaning products include non-acetone nail polish removers and toothpaste (not the gel toothpaste, the white one) can help you to bring the pure white back to your lovely leather sofa. However, as we have mentioned before, you must try on a small and unnoticeable part to test the discoloration and possible damages caused by these cleaning removers. A safer option is to use leather wipes or foam leather cleaners. Using leather wipes, please note that there may be residue left on your white sofa.
- For dark-colored stains: Using the combination of lemon juice and cream of tartar may help you deal with this kind of stains. Rub this mixture on the dark-colored stains and leave about 10 minutes. Take another small amount of this paste and rub on the stained area before wiping it off with a damp sponge.
- For grease stains: Baking soda can help as it can absorb the oil. Sprinkle the baking soda on the affected area, wait for a few hours and clean it.
Additional advice to better maintain your white leather sofa
There are several handy tips that you should take for better maintenance of your elegant white sofa. First of all, regular weekly cleanse is highly recommended. You can do it with a dry cloth or a feather duster. A vacuum cleaner may be needed in case you use the sofa too regularly. Add to that, in order to prevent wrinkles on the white sofa, which make is much older, it is recommended to turn and fluff the cushions frequently.
Sunlight affects badly to your leather sofa as it will age and dry the leather material. Therefore, the sofa should not be placed near the windows where it is easily exposed to sunlight to avoid discoloration and cracking. Besides, some sources of heat in your house, such as the air conditioning or heating vents, should be at least 2 feet from the leather sofa.
Any spills on the leather sofa (even the water spill) should be absorbed immediately before they penetrate the dye of the sofa, leaving spots on the material. Blot it instead of wipe it because this action will spread the liquid to other areas.
For stubborn spots and stains, it is suggested to seek help from a professional cleaning service provider. Some simple methods mentioned above might not help and you do not want to ruin your elegant and beautiful leather sofa.
Your expensive white leather sofa will need more attention than other types of sofa. If you want to keep its permanent beauty, get the cleaning tips above as they can help in several cases. If things become harder, ask for professional advice for help. If you are ready to add something elegant to your living room, visit https://noithatkenli.vn/. Then have a peek at https://noithatkenli.vn/sofa that takes you through all the styles that might influence your sofa buying decisions.