There are few moments in life that are more personal, romantic, and important than your wedding. Your wedding stands as the crowning moment that seeks to set you off into a new life with your significant other. Most people will think about their wedding for years, from childhood even, before they get the chance to see it become a reality. In order to have the perfect wedding, you’ll need more than the finest Wedding Dresses Luv Bridal Perth has to offer. What you’ll need most of all is an immaculate wedding venue that has been dressed up to meet your demands and personal taste. Today, we are going to walk you through ten simple tips for getting the perfect wedding venue.
Designing Your Perfect Wedding Venue
Whether you want a small wedding or a massive one, designing your perfect day is going to take some work. Weddings are meant to be both personal and approachable for your family and friends. In order to have the wedding of your dreams, you are going to have to balance both facets. What’s more, you are going to have to pay attention to a collection of key tips and tricks. Listed below, you’ll find ten tips for getting the wedding venue of your dreams.
1) Pay Attention to the Weather – When you are shopping around for venues, or dressing up one that you’ve already booked, you need to pay attention to the weather. While you can’t forecast the weather on a date six months in advance, you can at least round out your understanding of the local climate. If you are getting married in Chicago, in September, you probably don’t want to bank on a warm, outdoor wedding.
2) Understand Your Budget Limitations – Before you start designing your dream wedding venue, take a long and realistic look at your budget. While it is totally fine to spend extra for your special day, you still need to be understanding of your finances. There’s no point in having a magical wedding if it ends up driving you straight into poverty. Take a moment to assess your finances and set upper restrictions on how much you will spend. Stick to these restrictions.
3) Make A List of Venue Options – Now that you have an understanding of your budget, it is time to do some research. Start looking into the different venues that fit into your price range. Make as long or short of a list as you want. Understand that this list is not definitive and if you have a bad feeling about a location, feel free to discard it. Your intuition shouldn’t be the end-all of the conversation, but it can be part of the discussion.
4) Get Professional Help – If you are getting close to signing off on a venue, consider bringing in a professional wedding venue designer. You’ll be amazed by how big of an impact a professional designer can have on your wedding. Professional wedding venue designers are more than just people with a passion for weddings. A wedding venue designer will be able to take one look at your location before reeling off a dozen different ways you can embrace the venue. While a professional might not be in the budget, consider hiring one if you have the available finances.
5) Embrace Your Venue – Okay, let’s say that you’ve signed off on a venue. Whether you’ve chosen a modern loft or a barn out in the woods, you need to take stock of what you have available to you. For example, your loft venue might have access to a rooftop with an amazing city backdrop. Conversely, your barn venue might be close to some amazing natural elements. By taking stock of the natural landscape of your venue, you can really ramp up your design elements. Consider our barn example above. What if you hang lights from the trees leading up to the barn? For the loft, what if you embraced a more modern motif to match the industrial nature of the building?
6) Establish a Dress Policy – Nobody likes having to wear a uniform, but everyone can deal with it at your wedding. How people are dressed can be just as important as how you dress up the venue itself. In fact, what people wear acts as a sort of venue decoration in and of itself. Set a dress policy and be firm about it. This is your special day, the kids can put on something nice for a couple of hours.
7) Understand What You Want – Let’s say that you’ve locked in a venue and you are ready to decorate. Before you spend a dollar or go to a single store, make a list of what you want out of your wedding. Be exhaustive. Write until your hand cramps. List every little thing that you can think of in terms of design elements. By the time that you are done, you will be shocked by how focused your ideas are. You’ll be able to take your list straight to a venue designer or a shopping outlet.
8) Head to Pinterest – What’s the best way to make sure your wedding looks amazing? Simple. You’ll want to look up inspiration from different weddings. Platforms like Pinterest and Instagram can be a great way to get an inspired look at how other people are dressing up their wedding venues. You don’t have to outright steal any ideas, but you can definitely lean on them for inspiration.
9) Focus on Lighting Options – Lighting is the most important aspect of your wedding’s decoration. Without great lighting, everything about your wedding will look a little off. Pay attention to natural lighting options as well as how you can rig up lights throughout the venue. Do you want to string lights? What about floor lamps in order to create some ambiance?
10) Step Back and Appreciate – Before you let yourself go too crazy from designing your venue, take a step back. Take a deep breath. Appreciate what you are doing and appreciate what is to come. Don’t let the stress get to you. No matter what, this day is going to be magical.
Dressing up a wedding venue can be a tough task. Thankfully, designing your dream wedding can also be a rewarding task. Use our tips in order to focus on what you really want out of your wedding venue.